Wednesday, August 23, 2006

First Day of School!

Well I was going to upload some pics of today, but the computer isn't cooperating. LOL

Ok here's how it went. I woke the boys up at 6am. Fed them, they dressed, brushed their teeth and we watched cartoons until 7:10. At 7, Justin started counting down. LOL I took them to school this morning because I didn't want Justin having to cart all his supplies. I took several pics of them. A couple at home, a couple in front of the school, and a few of Justin in his classroom. Justin was very excited. He gave me a kiss and a hug and said, "See you later, Mama." It was all I could do not to burst in to tears! But I held it in. Until I got to the car of course. LOL Then it more just sniffling all the way home. LOL

It was soooooooo quiet today. No fighting at all! LOL I cleaned, which took maybe an hour. Then I read a book while Jackson and Korinne played. We all took naps. I set my alarm for 3, just in case. LOL Jackson woke me up at 2:30 anyway. So at 3, we loaded Jackson into the stroller and headed for the bus stop.

We met up with my friend Bridgette on the way. Her daughter is in a different kindergarten class. We decided to walk to the first bus stop where the Homework Club kids get off. I figured that would be where Justin would get off since that's where Jay gets off. Sure enough, Justin was right behind Jay. LOL Once Bridgette got Hannah off the bus, we started back. The bus passed us heading to the second bus stop. When she was leaving she pulled up beside us and told us about the second bus stop. (I think she thought we didn't know about it.) I thanked her and explained why I knew Justin would get off at the first stop. She laughed. But I told her that tomorrow, both Justin and Hannah would get off at the second bus stop.

So I ask Justin how his day was. He said it was fun. They played. The teachers wrote a story for them. They had lunch and TWO snacks. (I figured they would so I sent along an extra snack. LOL) He said they learned some letters. But he already knows his letters. He's excited to go back tomorrow!

I did just fine at home while he was gone. I missed him terribly. But I'm so glad he enjoys school. I was worried but now I can breath easy...for now. I'll try to post some pics again later.

No comments: