Tuesday, August 22, 2006

The night before...

It's the night before Justin starts kindergarten. I've got his lunch made, his supplies packed and ready to go, his uniform all laid out. I even have his shoes, socks and belt ready for him. Now I'm sitting here so nervous. He's never been in day care, so he's been with me at home for almost 6 years. I feel like this is way different than when Jay started school because I worked when he was a toddler. He was in day care for almost 3 years, home with me for a year, then off to pre-k. So even though I was nervous when he started school, I was sort of used to him being away from me.

The longest I've ever been away from Justin (other than the 2 weeks I was in the hospital pregnant with my twins) is maybe a day here and there when he'd spend the night at my mom's. It's going to be weird having only Korinne and Jackson here.

I do plan on taking lots of pics tomorrow and Thursday. I always take Jay to school the first day to help him carry his supplies. So I'll be taking them both tomorrow. Then Thursday, Justin will be getting on that big yellow bus for the very first time. So I'll have lots of pics then too. LOL

I don't know how I'm going to sleep tonight!

3 comments:

Titusina Andronica said...

Megs has her first full day on Thursday. She had a half day on Friday and another half day tomorrow. :)

So I know how you feel, kind of. I'm the type of mother that rejoices when my kids are off to kindergarten!

Ami said...

You *could* homeschool. :::g:::
You know, in all the years of meeting lots of other parents, I've come to the conclusion that where a child is schooled isn't the point... it's how involved their parents are with them. He'll do fine because his parents will be monitoring the situation. I know how hard it is to send a little one off to K, I did it, too.
Post tomorrow and let us know how it went. :)

Margo said...

So, how did it go??