Thursday, May 24, 2007

Folly Beach

Justin's class has a field trip tomorrow to Folly Beach. He'd asked me weeks ago to chaperone. I do NOT like going to the beach. I know! I'm a southerner, I should love the beach! But, I don't. I cannot stand getting sand all over me and in uncomfortable places. However, I did try to find a sitter so I could go. To no avail. Until last night.

I was chatting with a friend on IM. This friend, Bree, lives in the same apartment complex and we usually see each other at the bus stop in the mornings. She walks her niece, I walk my boys. We also hang out some during the week. This week, her boss changed her hours so she works 7-4. Sierra's mom works night so isn't home in the mornings to take her to the bus. So Bree asked if she could drop Sierra off here at 6:30 in the morning. I'm up anyway, so I'm fine with it.

Anyway, I was chatting with Bree last night and mentioned Justin's field trip. She said she has Fridays off and offered to babysit Jackson and Korinne since I've helped them with Sierra. Of course, I'm all over that. LOL NOT that I really want to go to the beach. But because Justin really wants me to go with him. So I sent his teacher an email. When I didn't hear back from her before lunch, like I usually do, I called and left a message for one of his teachers to call me. When his teacher called me back she said they had chaperones but I was welcome to chaperone also. She didn't want me to go out of my way paying a sitter. I assured her I wasn't paying a sitter. And told her that my van seats 8 so I can cart 7 of the chaperones to save on the parking fee. I told her I was also bringing my cooler so we can store drinks and whatnot. I said, "But if you don't want me to come..." LOL She laughed and said "No, it'll be perfect!"

So tomorrow morning, I'm heading to the beach. I even broke down and shaved. Even though I do not plan on going in the water, I thought I'd better be prepared. LOL Justin is extremely excited. And it makes me happy that he's excited. I plan on taking the camcorder, just to take pics. So I'm sure I'll have some pics to share soon. LOL

1 comment:

ndpthepoetress Jean Michelle Culp said...

I just read that baby powder brushes the beach sand off easily, if that helps any!