Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!!!!!

Happy New Year, Everyone!

I had to work last night...scheduled for 6:30-11:00. However a co-worker wanted to switch with me to work in my place. Far be it for me to say no. LOL I ended up being able to go home at 9:30. So Jimmy and I were able to spend time together ringing in the new year.

This morning, he had to go in to work for a few hours, so the kids and I joined him. I cooked breakfast in the break room. We left just before noon. After lunch and Jackson's nap, we loaded up and headed to the West Ashley Park. We were going to attempt catching minnows for fishing since it was too windy to fish. But the park gates were closed. We know there are other fishing places that we can take the kids to, but we just can't seem to find them. Other than state parks or whatever, we can't find other public access places. So we came home instead and cooked.

Speaking of cooking, no we did not have collards and black eyed peas. EW! We had fried chicken, homemade mashed taters and lima beans. Oh it was DELISH!

Saturday, after budgeting the money, we decided to rent a couple of movies. One of the girls working there likes me and always deletes any late charge we have. I went in fully expecting to pay the charges we had, which I estimated to be almost 20 bucks. When we got there, Korinne slipped getting out of the van and scraped her knee. When we walked in, my girl had just answered the phone, put it on hold and asked her co-worker where a certain movie would be. I automatically said comedy, then showed her where it was. LOL Then the girl found Korinne a bandaid and made her feel better. After picking the two movies we rented, we went to pay for it. I brought up the late charges and she said, "Oh I took care of it." That was so nice! I think these people recognize me and know I'm in there enough that I'm not going to just stiff the company with a bill. Cause she's the third person that regularly does that for me.

Anyway, this evening, Jimmy decided he wanted to move one of the bookshelves from the dining room into our bedroom. So I unload the one with the DVDs and the kids books and place everything in stacks. We move that one unto our bedroom. Then we unload the other bookshelf filled with ves of my books (double or triple rowed each) and 1 shelf of his books. The kids are moving my books to the room. When I dare look in there, I see all my books in piles...not neatly stacked like I did their books. I almost had a heart attack! LOL Though when I did go in the room, Jimmy was halfway putting my books on the bookshelf. Just my books are on it now. A 5 chelf book case and some shelves are double rowed. LOL

My dining room is still in disarray but at least the books and DVDs are back on the book case. The rest of the stuff that had been stored behind the book cases needs to be put up. The speech therapist is coming over tomorrow but I'm not gonna stress over how that area looks.

I finally converted Jackson's bed into a toddler bed. Okay all I had to do was take off the side that moved up and down. He wouldn't nap in it today...insisted on napping in my bed with me. But tonight when he told me he was ready for nite-nite, I put him in bed, tucked him in and put a baby gate at the door. He's been in bed since. I figured it was really time to take the side off since he climbed over it all the time, it wasn't doing any good. LOL He looks so small in the bed now that the side is gone. He's getting so grown. :(

No comments: