Saturday, September 22, 2007

MMMMMM LOVE shrooms!

Home Ec 101 is having a contest to win a t-shirt. Apparently September is National Mushroom Month. I happen to LOVE mushrooms and try to use them in whatever I'm cooking. In following the contest's rules, I have to post my fave recipe concerning mushrooms. Well, here it is.

Stuffed Mushrooms

  1. Carefully remove stems from whole mushrooms.
  2. Lightly toast 2 slices of bread, then break apart into bread crumbs.
  3. chop 3 (or more depending on your taste) green onions into small pieces
  4. Add a 4 oz container of feta cheese (crumbled works best and I use the kind that's tomato and basil flavored)
  5. Add half a 6 oz container of shredded romano cheese.
  6. Season with garlic salt.
  7. Add Olive oil until moist.
  8. Spoon mixture into mushroom caps.
  9. Bake at 325 for 15 minutes.

Jimmy doesn't really care for mushrooms like I do, but he LOVES these. And I've been delegated to make these whenever we have guests over that like mushrooms. LOL

No comments: