Wednesday, June 21, 2006

So Thankful...

I'm so thankful for how well Jackson has done. First he was born with a Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia and had surgery at 2 weeks old to correct that. For those that don't know what that is, he was born with a hole in his diaphragm and his intestines were in his chest cavity, affecting the growth of his left lung. He did great after the surgery. While still in the hospital we learned he had Craniosynostosis. That's where the soft spots in his skull close prematurely. He had surgery for that on February 13, at almost 6 months of age. He wears a helmet now to protect his head and to help shape his skull as it grows back. Well one of the little girls around here (I say little even though she's 14 because I'm old. LOL) has a cousin who had Craniosynostosis. He had to have surgery TWICE for that because after his first surgery his skull grew back too fast. She said he's 4 months old now, so it had to be major for him to have to have surgery so early. And all I can say (knock on wood) is thank GOD for the progress Jackson has had.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

He sure stressed everyone out.

I am so glad he's doing so well.

Sunnie (Kaytee) said...

He still stresses me out. Now that he's pulling himself into standing positions, I'm glad he has his helmet cause he falls A LOT! LOL
Thank you, Heather. I'm thankful that you've been here for me the whole time.

Ami said...

I am glad that he's doing so well, too. It's amazing that the friends I've made on the internet are so important, but they really are. He's a precious gift, and he will continue to thrive... I know it.

Catherine & Sofia said...

Hi Sunnie!

I was just searching for blogs about CDH and yours came up. I have a daughter who is a CDH survivor, also. Sofia is now 3 months. She came home at 7 weeks and 2 days. IF you have a chance visit our blog at www.sofia06.blogspot.com. There are also links to many other CDH babies on there, both survivors and Angels. I hope to hear from you!

Love, Catherine
Sofia's Mommy LCDH 4-18-06