Wednesday, November 28, 2007

America's Most Hated Family

If you do a search for "America's most hated fmaily" you will most definitely come across the biggest whack jobs ever! Now I believe in God. I don't go to church, I do pray. I'm not judgemental (usually) on other people's belief's. But this family...they picket the funerals of soldiers with signs that say "Thank God for 9/11" or "God uses Terrorists." I can't believe there are really people out there that believe this stuff. And it's not really the one family...it's a small church. However, it's the daughter of the "preacher" and her 11 children that do the picketing. And her younger children when questioned about their use of "fag" didn't even understand what they were referencing to. One child when prompted by the journalist said the Swedish were included in their picketing. They insult people that question them. The kids have no friends in school because they tell all their peers they're going to hell. One insists she'll never get married because her main priority is serving God. Now I know there are nuns that do that. But this girl was just different about it. From what I've learned, nuns consider it a calling. This girl considers it a sin to "seek" a husband. It's just weird all around. Yet I can't seem to turn off the tv and go to bed.

Oh and the pastor, when asked how many children he had, evaded the question. Insisted the journalist was wasting oxygen. Makes you wonder if there is polygamy invilved.

Like I said, I'm not anti-religious by any means. But these people tend to make me want to stay away from church and any type of organized religion.

Honestly, after watching this program, I'm convinced this family is so out there, they're anti-America. They have picket signs that say "God Hates America" for crying out loud!!! They truly believe that God is the reason for 9/11, that America, as sinners, deserved it. That our soldiers out there fighting for our country, deserve to die because they're all sinners. This is from the Westboro Baptist Church. According to them, everyone but their church members are going to hell.

I'm still shaking my head in disbelief. I'm watching this on one of the Discovery channels. Next time, I'll just avoid the program.

1 comment:

Ami said...

And people wonder why so many have turned away from organized religion. Many have decided there is no God, as well.
People like those... and Oral Roberts and Jimmy Swaggert and Ted Haggard have pushed so many onto a different path.

If there IS a God, these people are going to be severely slapped when they meet him.