Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Going to the doctor...

(Sung to Going to the Chapel) and we're gonna get better....

After long agonizing day of trying to get fluids in Jackons, only to have him throw up shortly after, I'm taking him to the doctor in the morning.

I called the ped's office this morning and spoke to Debbie. (Debbie used to live across the street from Jimmy and her son grew up with Jimmy. So I know she will steer us in the right direction.) She told me since he'd just thrown up to wait 2 hours and give him an ounce of pedialyte. If he did well, give 2 ounces in 20 minutes. Unfortunately, we didn't have any pedialyte, Jimmy had already gone to work and I didn't want to risk him getting sick again at the grocery store and possibly infecting others.

Instead I gave him water. He sipped on 2 ounces the entire day, dry heaving when nothing would come up. He had no wet diapers all day, only diarhhea. He's been sleeping pretty much all day and crying in between because I think he's hungry. He just can't keep anything down.

Debbie told me if it continued to bring him in, so that's what we're doing in the morning. I just hope he doesn't need to be hospitalized. It was all I could do all day not to break down and cry. Please keep him in your prayers that we can help him without any hospitalization. I don't want to see him in there again.

1 comment:

Student Nurse Nancy said...

I hope your little guy feels better. Just remember, if they do think he needs to be in the hospital he will at least be getting those fluids he needs with the IV which will really help him feel better faster. Let me know if I can help at all.