Monday, March 12, 2007

WELL worth the dollar!

My 16 year old cousin spent the night with us on Saturday. I picked him up Saturday morning before Jimmy went to work. Later, after Jimmy repaired my flat tire, B and all four of my kids ventured to the store for groceries.

While there, B mentioned that he'd always wanted to try a coconut. They were a dollar a piece, so I told him to go pick one out.

Later Saturday evening, B, Jimmy and I were on the porch watching B pound on this coconut with a hammer. He finally got it open and tried a piece. The look on his face was just priceless! He had this look like I'd made him eat cat litter or something. So he tried the coconut milk. That was even worse. Korinne was out with us watching the whole thing. LOL

I sent her inside to fetch the boys cause they'd both wanted to try the coconut. Jay was first. His face was the same screwed up face B had made. Same with Justin. Now Korinne had been watching this whole thing so I thought, "There's no way she's going to try it." BUT, she did! And made the same horrific face. LOL Jimmy and I laughed so hard we almost fell out of our chairs.

Yesterday when we took B home, I mentioned to my Aunt about the coconut. She started yelling at me! Literally. Saying how B had asked for a coconut the other day at the store and when she said she didn't have the money to waste, he pitched a fit and said, "Well Kaytee will buy me one!" I was not about to be yelled at for something so stupid, so I said, "Okay I'm going now, Bye." And left quickly without a goodbye!

Now, B NEVER once asked me to buy him anything. He mentioned he wanted to try one and I've always wondered about them. We happened to be at the store and they were only a dollar, so I told him to grab one.

No he didn't manipulate me into buying one, It was a casual mention as I was looking through the produce deciding what to get.

But I have to say, even if he HAD asked me to buy one, it was well worth the dollar just to see the faces he and my three older kids made. LOL I'm still laughing my ass off about it. LOL

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Only a buck for all that fun? A bargain.

And tell your aunt not to be such a poopyhead kaka face.

I figure you may as well stoop to juvenile behavior as long as she is.