Sunday, March 04, 2007

I have such a thoughtful Uncle!

My uncle David is one of a kind. He's only 6 years older than me. We've ALWAYS been close. And he's gay. I could care less.

When I lived in Cali with my grandmother and her husband, he forbade me from being alone with my uncle because he was gay. My response was "What did it matter, he isn't interested in girls, so he won't touch me!"

Despite all the bullshit I went through, we have always been close. Well right now he works at the Corning ware store at the Tanger Outlet Mall in North Charleston.

Tanger Mall. While walking around, we found the store my uncle works at. So we checked it out while chatting with him. We invited him over today for dinner.

Jimmy was sick but stayed in the room, so my mom and Uncle both came over and I cooked for them. My uncle showed up with a couple of glasses and a couple of shot glasses Jimmy and I admired from his store. That was so nice of him.

This same uncle, my fave uncle, also gave me a 12 set of real crystal wine glasses years ago. He's also bought things for my kids just because. He's more of a brother to me than an uncle. Besides, how can I think of him as an uncle when I grew up with him. He's 6 years older than me. But I'm 6 years older than my own sister. So other than parentage, what makes him different?

He's been offered a job in Florida. I so hope he doesn't take it. I like having him near me.

No comments: