Saturday, April 28, 2007

WalkAmerica

A couple of months ago, I signed up for the WalkAmerica walk-a-thon to help raise money for premature babies. I conned Jimmy into going with me by telling him this is what I wanted for my birthday. We raised $131 and my goal was $100. Thank you to all of you that donated money!

We got up early this morning and arrived downtown around 8:30. I signed in and recieved my t-shirt. A white t-shirt that says "I'm saving babies. March of Dimes WalkAmerica." Jackson, my little miracle, was given a t-shirt that says, "I'm a March of Dimes Wee Wonder." Those t-shirts were given to all NICU grads. I was extremely emotional this morning before the walk began. I saw all kinds of twins being pushed in strollers and it was a little overwhelming. Not only seeing them but remembering everything Jackson has gone through and how thankful I am for him. (I could probably have a good cry even as I type this. LOL But my eyes are dry.)

We walked 5 miles. I didn't know it would be that long. But the kids did so well. Jackson, of course, was in a stroller. We really enjoyed ourselves. We got some much needed exercise and we helped raise money to help premature babies. I want to think of it in honor of Pheobe and Audrey. I totally plan on participating again next year. Hopefully, I won't be crying for 30 minutes again. LOL

1 comment:

Ami said...

You only cry because you need to. There is no time limit on feelings, you know. But you're making a positive thing out of your experiences by helping someone else. You're helping to give a gift of life to someone else's babies. That's the soul of generosity.