Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Our first fight in 10 years...

Ok not really a fight. Jimmy and I don't fight. But last night, I actually snapped at him. I readily admit he's a true blood car guy. I half-heartedly listen when he talks about cars. It goes in one ear and out the other.

However, last night, after him having me look up parts for his truck, he decided to draw a picture showing the difference between shocks and struts. I looked at him and said, "You know what, Jimmy? I really could care less about the differences. It all goes in one ear and out the other. I'm not in to cars. I like how they look, but could care less about the insides. As long as they're working properly, I'm fine. And if you expect me to change, then maybe you married the wrong woman."

Of course after I said that, I immediately felt bad. We talked more about it tonight and reached an agreement that just because he's so into cars, he wouldn't push me on it unless I ask. Which, I do when I want to learn something.

All he got from me snapping was that he should have married another woman...he was hurt by that. And it wasn't that I meant I didn't want to be married to him. I told him that while I didn't understand his obsession with cars, that I didn't expect him to understand my obsession with raising our children, or my obsession with books or whatever I'm into.

That was the extent of our argument. LOL Still I feel bad for just snapping at him. We've worked it out, as usual. And I love him even more than ever. I'm so glad I chose him...or he chose me. :)

1 comment:

Margo said...

You call that an argument??

Mike and I have some of the same issues. He talks to me all the time about football. Ugh... It all goes in one ear and out the other!