Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Allergic reaction :(

Yet another problem with Jackson. :( Tonight I gave him some mac and cheese. I look up two minutes later and noticed a rash beginning on his cheek. So I took the mac and cheese away from him. He did not like that, let me tell you. So I give him some diced carrots...he's had that before so I knew it was safe. When I get him out of his high chair, I noticed hives or welts, whatever on his arms. The rash has spread from his cheeks to all over his face and neck and back of the head. I called his ped's office and spoke to the nurse on call. I can give him benadryl and just watch for breathing problems or swelling on his tongue. His little eyes are all red and swollen. The hives have gone down on his arms. He looks so pitiful! I tried to get a pic, but I'm still getting used to my new digicam and either the pics were too dark or wayyyyyyyyyyy too light. Of course, my old digicam is at Jimmy's work. @@

4 comments:

Ami said...

I hope he's doing okay today.

Sunnie (Kaytee) said...

He's much better today, thank goodness! You can't even tell he had an allergic reaction.

Unknown said...

Poor kiddo, which ingredient do you think caused it?

Sunnie (Kaytee) said...

I think it was the cheese since he's had plain pasta before and was fine.