It was a beautiful (hot as hell day) so we decided to invite our upstairs neighbors down for a cook out. They have 4 children that play with mine but this was the first time we'd all gotten together. The adults had steaks, the children hamburgers. I'm sitting at the table conversing and eating my food when a piece of steak gets lodged in my throat. I tried drinking some water, to no avail. I jumped up and grabbed my throat. At this point, I'm freaking out, my life is flashing before my eyes and all I could think was, "I'm going to die and my children will be motherless." Lucky for me, Cheryl used to be a nurse. Once she realized what was going on she grabbed me and did the heimlich maneuver. I had to leave the room while I cried tears of relief. I don't think I've ever been so scared for myself in my entire life! Do you know what she said afterwards? "I was more concerned that I was going to hurt you." I thought, "I'm choking to death here, hurt me all you want so long as I'm still alive!" There is nothing I could ever do to repay that. No thanks in the world covers her literally saving my life.
I think the next time I eat steak, I will be cutting the pieces very tiny. I honestly think had our neighbors not been there, I'd have choked to death. I don't doubt Jimmy would have done all he could to help, But I don't think he would have known how to do it. I thanked Cheryl over and over for saving my life. I was shaking so hard afterwards, I couldn't even finish eating.