Friday, July 14, 2006

Friends of Bob and Tom

Jimmy and I had the opportunity to see The Friends of Bob and Tom show tonight. OMG! I don't think I've ever laughed so hard in my life...aside from when Jimmy's on a roll. We had the pleasure of seeing Chick McGee, Bob Zany, Donnie Baker, Tim Bedore, Chris Bliss, Mike Armstrong, Drew Hastings, and Greg Hahn. My favorite was Mike Armstrong. He's an ex-cop and was just so hilarious. We're home now, obviously, but damn! I laughed so hard I almost peed my pants. And I only had two drinks! (We could only afford two drinks each! LOL) Our friends who met up with us though, had way too much to drink and then left before the show ended. So, of course, now I'm sitting here worried about them, hoping they made it home safe.

What's great is...my mother, whom I'd vowed never to ask to babysit anymore, actually offered to babysit. When I was telling her about this show a couple weeks ago, she said she would request today and tomorrow off and she'd come watch the kids. I didn't believe her until she found out her schedule Wednesday. So I didn't buy the tickets until Wednesday. LOL Anyway, we get home thinking just like any other time with a sitter, our kids are still up and running around. Nope! Not a single one was awake. All 4 were snug as a bug in bed! We were shocked! But happy. So it was such a great night! We laughed, we drank, we got home safe, our kids were in bed.

I am bummed I missed the blog get together last night. I simply forgot about it. I will try to make the next one, if I have to have Heather drag me. LOL It looked like so much fun!

No comments: