Friday, July 28, 2006

Cry wolf...

or rather rape. There is few I hate more than someone who cries rape when no rape occured!

The other day, my girlfriend calls and tells me that a girl was raped at the pool the night before. She says it was her niece. That her niece and her daughter (who's 11) snuck out. The cops showed up and hunted down the boy. I haven't been able to talk to my friend much since to find out anything more. She was very upset when I talked to her on the phone. I did remind her that there's a camera at the pool so whatever happened was caught on tape.

Tonight I find out via a neighbor who was told by a maintenance man that it wasn't rape. The maintenance man viewed the tape from the camera. It showed the two girls going to the pool between 3:30-4:oo am. They were drinking and smoking. The older girl and the boy were making out and all over each other. After about 5 minutes or so it showed the boy getting out of the pool and sitting on a lounge chair. It showed the girl trying to make out again and him trying to get her off him. Apparently this girl had been a virgin and was freaking out about the blood.

So rather than face the music, she cries wolf. Now I've been trying to get in touch with my girlfriend to find out what's going on. I have no doubt that she believed her niece was raped. However if what the maintenance man says is true, there was no rape. Unless the boy was over 18, then they can get him for statutory rape.

It really pisses me off when people lie about something so serious. I do plan on asking the maintenance guy myself what he saw. Because since my girlfriend called me, I've refused to take my kids to the pool. Like I was in a crime scene or something. Granted, my kids do NOT go to the pool without me or the Homework Club. Jay is 10. A year younger than one of the girls who snuck out. But I have a habit of hearing them at night whether they're coughing, going to the bathroom, or even getting out of bed. Gotta love baby monitors that are sensitive. LOL

It's still scary that I have to start worrying about Jay sneaking out. Right now, his maturity level hasn't reached that point.

No comments: