Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Almost midnight...

and I'm still up with Jackson. I'm okay now, not too tired, but ready for bed.

Jimmy and I went fishing tonight. I babysit a friend's 11 year old every day after school, going on week 2. The girl is only here about 2 hours a day so I don't feel right charging. But because I know how proud my friend is, I charge $25 a week. This friend is so in debt to me, to her thinking that she volunteers to babysit for me.

I took advantage of that tonight and had her watch my oldest (who is grounded) and my youngest (who is 13 months) while Jimmy and I took the two middle children fishing. I know it was torture to the oldest because he LOVES going fishing.

So we get to the park where bank fishing is allowed (10 minutes from home). Justin and Korinne are excited. I'm using an old fishing pole of Jimmy's, with live bait that I refuse to touch. Ok I don't mind touching it, I just cannot kill it by baiting it. LOL Well apparently on Jimmy's old pole, there's a screw missing because the first time he casts off the crank flies off. I found this amusing until he said that was the pole I was using and would have to take crank off before I cast off.

As you can imagine, eventually I forgot to take the crank off. I cast off and hear this HUGE PLOP! Way before my hook hits water. Yup, it was the crank. I felt so bad, yet wanted to laugh. And what do you know, I get a bite. So I'm reeling this fish in by twirling the wheel instead of the crank. Granted it was a teeny tiny fish. I still don't know what kind, but it was beautiful. (We don't keep what we catch.) I caught another the same way. Jimmy caught a baby flounder. We let them all go though. It's not keeping the fish that makes it fun. It's the catching and letting go.

As I'm typing this, I'm listening to Jackson cry, cry cry. He doesn't want a bottle of juice or milk. He doesn't want me to hold him, or even have Jimmy hold him. His diaper is dry. I've given him tylenol because he's teething. Nothing I've tried is working. So I just put him in his crib and turned his music on. I can't go to bed leaving him that way. So I'm sitting her patiently waiting for him to fall asleep. Thankfully Korinne is a hard sleeper and didn't wake up once. LOL

No comments: