Friday, December 28, 2007

Grrrrrr

There went my goal of posting every day this month. Something happened to my computer yesterday. I have no idea what. I was online in the morning, logged off to watch The Nanny Diaries. (Loved the movie, by the way.) I looked over at one point and saw my screensaver on. When the movie was finished, the monitor was black, like the computer had been turned off. So I turned it back on. However Windows wouldn't load. No matter what I did. I called my computer guy and left a message.

So I plugged in our other computer, but it couldn't detect my cable modem. I talked to my computer guy this morning and we went through all kinds of things on the first computer to get Windows to load. No luck. So next time he's down here (he lives in Columbia) he'll take the computer back with him and fix it. So he tried helping me get my comcast to work on computer 2. No luck there.

I called Comcast and after talking to three different people and being on hold collectively for 30 minutes, I was told all I had to do was hit the reset button on the modem. I didn't see a reset button. It was so small and I had to use a safety pin to hit it. Obviously, it worked! LOL I'm back online. I can now breath a sigh of relief. LOL

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have to use a paper clip.

--Nice Mike