Monday, October 09, 2006

What the hell is wrong with people??!!

It's been a lovely morning. @@ It started out normal. I got up at 6 instead of 6:30 because Jackson was awake. I got the boys up for school. They dressed, ate and brushed their teeth. I put Jackson in his stroller and we walk to the bus stop, like we do every school morning. I'm standing behind the stroller playing with Justin when this woman gets in my face cussing me up and down. She pointed to two children and said, "That is my son. That is my daughter. If you ever lay a hand on either of them again, I'm going to kick your f-ing ass." I said, "Ma'am, I have never touched your children." And I haven't. The children in question are two that I'm constantly telling to go to the back of the line because they're cutting in front of the children that had already been standing in line. Usually Justin ends up getting pushed around when they do this. I've never even touched their shoulder or anything. IAs this first woman is running her mouth, I say, "Maybe you should come to the bus stop with your children." She said, "You worry about your own children." I said, "I do worry about mine. And I worry about all these other children that could get hit by a car playing in the street." She walks away, still cussing. Yes in front of a bus load of children. When she lives a lot of the kids go up to the boy and say, "Man you're a liar. She's never touched you."

So I'm standing there trying to pretend I'm fine. I go back to playing with Justin when another woman comes up to me and starts cussing me up and down about the same two children. I tell her the same thing, "I've never touched your child." At this point several children go up to her and tell her that the boy is lying, that I've never laid a hand on either of her children. The second woman was way taller than me...bout Heather's height but waaaaaaaay bigger in girth. She finally walks away still cussing. One of the other parents came up to me afterwards and said, "I'm up here every morning just like you and I've never seen you touch any child other than your own." I'm one of 4 parents that go to the bus stop. So the bus comes, the kids load up and I'm standing there waving to Justin, like I do every morning. When I turn around to leave, I see out of the corner of my eye the two women standing on their balcony. So i noted the apartment number and went home.

By the time I got home, I was shaking so bad I almost started crying. I walk in and tell Jimmy, "I'm taking the boys to school in the mornings from now on." Then I told him what happened. He grabbed his cell phone and called his boss to say he'd be late. I called the police to file a report.

An officer shows up and I tell him what happened. I said, "I'm 31 years old. I thought this stuff ended in high school." The officer said he would go talk to the other women, if they were home. In the morning he said either he or another officer would be at the bus stop to show other parents that this type of behaviour is serious and unacceptable.

It was nice that several of the children stood up for me. I just don't know what's wrong with people. I see those two children outside all the time getting in to trouble. And I hate to say this, but I bet they end up in juvie before too long. I must be naive or something, but I've always thought it was better to have a civil conversatin with a parent if there's a problem.

I sure hope my day gets better. LOL

6 comments:

Margo said...

Some people have got a lot of nerve! It's good that you have another mom who can back your side.

Anonymous said...

You stick to your guns, sweetie. Confrontation is such a pain in the ass; you just can't help the physical reaction. I hate it when I get all flippy even when I know I'm right (which is most of the time, heh,heh!) But, you clearly have lots of support from the kids, your man, other parents and your blogofriends. Just feel sorry for people who are so pathetic they can't stop themselves from such ridiculous, immature behavior. Someone has to be the grown-up and sounds like you stepped up. Good job.

Sunnie (Kaytee) said...

Thank you, Margo.

Sunnie (Kaytee) said...

I was so taken aback that later there was more I wish I'd said. But now after thinking about it all day, I'm glad I didn't say more. Most of the time, my mouth takes over when I'm confronted. I don't like confrontation at all.
Thank you. It's good to know I have support from all areas in my life. :)
It was really childish to start cussing in front of a bunch of children. I don't appreciate people talking like that in front of my children, so I'm sure there are a few other parents who would have been upset by the language.

Ami said...

Holy Cow!

What a crummy way to start the day!
And it sticks with you, too. Am I speaking from experience, you ask? I only wish I weren't. When my daughter was four, she accidentally let our rambunctious puppy out the front door one afternoon as a lady was walking by with a stroller. Our puppy scared the woman, and she threatened to come back and kill my child if she ever saw her outside again! I called the police, too. Never saw that hag again, fortunately. I sure hope you never see the crazy bitch who was in your face again either.

Sunnie (Kaytee) said...

OMG Ami, that's even worse than my experience. At least my child's life wasn't threatened. How horrible for your Dd. Oh I'm sure I'll see her again. I'm not looking forward to morning. On the one hand, I don't want to deal with someone getting in my face. On the other hand, I don't feel I should have to load up all four kids to drop two off at school.
Hopefully the officer will actually be there in the morning. If the two brats continue cutting in line and trampling over Justin, I will call the school and file a complaint since they're supposed to be in charge of the bus stops. I'll also file complaints with the office here where we live.